Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Do people want homework or not?

Homework: Too Little or Too Much? It Depends


Homework beginning to be a problem


"Amma Ababio, of Highland Park, is an 11th-grader at Pittsburgh Allderdice High School. She is taking advanced classes this year. Ababio figures she does homework from about 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. on school nights. She said her phone is off, her computer is off except for research and she even does homework while she eats dinner." When I read this I think that people are working hard and they are trying, but they get to much things and start to lose things like sleep. People like this are getting too much homework, or are not trying. I think that people either need less homework, or need to try harder in working.

Some people may not care

"Jermalle Johns, of the North Side, a sophomore at Pittsburgh Obama 6-12, is somewhere between the other two. He figures that on schooldays he spends “maybe an hour on homework tops.” He doesn’t think the homework helps much because he mostly learns from paying attention in class. “I get it done because it’s another grade that helps me get an A.” I think that this person Jermalle care's, but at the same time he is just doing it for a grade. I think that he care's and does get it done, but it sounds like he just gets the right amount of homework not much and to little. I think that he just likes how much homework that he is getting at were he is.

Why some people want more homework

"Imani Downing, of the North Side, is a sophomore at Pittsburgh Perry High School. She said she rarely gets homework and usually in just one class. “I feel like we should have homework in every class,” she said. That would allow for “more learning" and "a better chance to understand things.” Imani is one of the persons that believe that they need more homework. When you see it all though, more people say that they need less homework. I think that people are either lying, or telling the truth. I think that Imani just wants more homework to get better grades, while others don’t want homework.




3 comments:

  1. Brayan, nice job on your blog post I really like it. What do you think about the whole situation? I feel like both of them are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with you on your second idea by saying that Jermalle Johns does not care because he just wants to get a good grade. I think that he really does care about how much work he does get done but just wants to get the good grades so that he can get into a good college and get a good job later down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~bryan I really like how you have a lot of work to show us. I think you should put in quotation marks in your blog.

    ReplyDelete